Wednesday, August 18, 2010

There is no way of making "brain zaps" sound like a good thing

So I'm a little crazy :P
We should probably get that straight first.

My brain apparently doesn't know how to use serotonin properly and as a result I'm on antidepressants to keep me functional.

But now! I think I'm all better!
And I'd prefer not to have to live on these happy pills forever.
So I wanna stop talking them :)

BUT APPARENTLY IT'S NOT THAT EASY.

It seems a downside of messing with brain chemistry is that you need to slowly wean yourself off the drugs or you'll be hit with a million withdrawal symptoms.
And even if you do wean yourself off slowly enough, you'll still experience them, just not as intensely.

So okay, sure, whatever.
I'll put up with some headaches, lightheadedness, nausea, etc.
No big deal.

But apparently they fail to warn you about the scariest thing EVER.
According to the interwebs, you also experience "brain zaps".
Aka feeling a shock run through your brain....
UM WHAT THE EFF?!
I AM NOW TERRIFIED OF BRAIN ZAPS.
THIS DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A GOOD THING.

How am I supposed to make myself stop taking these drugs now and go back to being "normal" if I'm frickin worried about BRAIN ZAPS?!?!?!?!
I think I'm going to cry!!!!

Yep, the act of no longer taking my antidepressants is gonna make me depressed again :P

I believe I'm going to go curl up in a corner and cry forever now.
Frickin brain zaps....

1 comment:

  1. omg... i think that's the problem when we or our body has developed a dependence on drugs/medications ...

    i've always thought of trying to take sleeping pills to help me sleep. but i was afraid i might end up depending on them. or it might hit me so hard. coz i've seen people really get knocked out

    ReplyDelete